The musings of a (not-so) single chick in the city. (Don't think that the term chick is derogoratory. We refer to boys by a number of terms). The travails in the life of an ex-miss-goody-two-shoes, ex-journalist, ex-small time model, ex-television actress, of being female in Chennai/ Pune/Bangalore, of ideas old and ideas new....

Friday, May 9, 2014

Laundering the news. And man, do we need it!

I have been working for the past few months at a job where I spend most of my day working on television news. Because of that, I see how skewed the news presented in our television channels is. It is biased news, paid news, infotainment and mostly, not really news.

 I accidentally stumbled upon this site called Newslaundry where they actually wash the news and give it in as neutral a manner as possible. They skewer everyone equally, the Congress, the BJP and even the AAP.

And they have several news based videos in their TeeVee section, like Clothesline, I agree and Can You Take It? 

If you are fond of news as it should be, as opposed to being a Times of India reader, then this site is for you. (And no, I am not being paid to promote their site on my blog :- ) I am a genuine fan) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Urgent need female for egg donation with the sum of $500,000.00 3 crore,Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com
whatsapp +91 9945317569